Thursday, December 6, 2007

E-learning question

My colleague used the rational choice paradigm of deciosion making.
Personally i feel that this way of making decisions is more bad than good. Rather, it is almost impossible to make decisions this way. It is good as it is a rational way of making decisions. One can make a decision without the involving our own assumptions and biasness we hold. If it works, the decision is a guranteed best decision. However, how many times can we actually do this? Humans are complex creatures as we each hold our own beliefs, values and are emotional people. We are almost always affected by our emotions whenever we make decisions. Usually, we will decide on things that make us feel good. Also, it is difficult to have a decision that satisfies all 2000 employees'. Even if I heed my colleague's advice on using weighing all the factors of the agencies and using the 'best' agency, I should not be the only one recommending and being in-charge of the plan, as I might be affected by my previous experiences with the travel agencies. Even through using the paradigm and found the 'best' agency, I might have bad experience with that agency and not be willing to choose that. Therefore, I feel that there should be a team of us planning it and we should ask the employees to recommend suggestions. This way, we can better ensure that employees are more likely to follow the decision.

Jean Yeo Yun Jing

No comments: